Nemisys/ScanMate playback does not work on Windows Vista-32

Nemisys/ScanMate playback does not work on Windows Vista-32

Postby Slithering_Joe » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Hello,

I seem to be having some problems trying to use the Playback feature of the ScanMate software versions 30.300 (Nemisys 2008 update) and 32.303 (Nemisys 2009 update) on a PC running the Windows Vista (32) operating system.

The problem starts here:
From the main window of the ScanMate application, I select the "Playback" button. An "Open" dialog box appears giving me a choice of playback files. Under the "Sample Recordings" folder, I select a sample playback file to open, the "Open" dialog closes and the application immediately returns to the main window. Nothing related to playback appears from this action. The application seems to do nothing but return back to where I had just started. Running the application in "XP Compatibility" mode does not help either. I wrote about this experience back in March 2009 for version 30.300 and again over a year later in April 2010 for the same problem using version 32.303. No solution was offered from OTC Tech for either case.

Is there finally a software patch for this problem?
Is there a tip or something extra needed to get this feature to work?

I would really like to get this to operate. I find it unacceptable that I must use older versions of ScanMate on older PCs running Windows XP to use this playback feature.

Thank you.
Slithering_Joe

Re: Nemisys/ScanMate playback does not work on Windows Vista

Postby Bubba » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:04 am

I have the same problem on my vista laptop exactly the same. i tried the program on my desktop with xp and it still boots me out to the main menu so in my case it does not work on either system.. help me out please
Bubba

Postby Turtle » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Hello,

Some of the earlier versions of the Scanmate software had issues with playback, the latest does work.

If you open Scanmate and go into the Utilities area it will give you the version information. The latest version 3.1 does work. If you do not have the latest version and want a copy, just give tech services a call at 800-533-6127, we are open from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm CST.
Turtle

Postby Bubba » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:33 am

thanks turtle i will do that.
Whats this, there is a post that says version 3.1 does not work, i hope this is a joke.
Last edited by Bubba on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bubba

Postby Slithering_Joe » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:17 am

Turtle wrote:...Some of the earlier versions of the Scanmate software had issues with playback, the latest does work.

If you open Scanmate and go into the Utilities area it will give you the version information. The latest version 3.1 does work. If you do not have the latest version and want a copy, just give tech services a call at 800-533-6127, we are open from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm CST.

I have Scanmate version 3.1 (disc version 32.303, Nemisys 2009 update) and the playback does not work on my PC with Vista Home Premium SP2 (32-bit).
Slithering_Joe

Postby Don Jordahl » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Due to enhanced security features that are included with Vista, it may be necessary to run Scan Mate as the administrator. This can be accomplished by right clicking on the Scan Mate icon and selecting Run-As from the context menu.
Don Jordahl

Postby Slithering_Joe » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:12 am

Don Jordahl wrote:Due to enhanced security features that are included with Vista, it may be necessary to run Scan Mate as the administrator. This can be accomplished by right clicking on the Scan Mate icon and selecting Run-As from the context menu.

I tried doing what you suggested to the following files "scanmateMain.exe" & "scanmatePlayback.exe" with no success.

I am the only user of the ths PC with only one profile created that has full rights/privileges. I also tried running the program in "XP Compatibility" mode with no success.
Is there anything else I may try?
Thank you.
Slithering_Joe

Postby Trojans » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:21 am

I was having the same problem with scanmate running on vista and xp, I asked for a new version two times, and none of the updates they sent me worked at all...so i gave up trying to use scanmate on my laptop...but, recently,I got the solarity scope, and somehow when I ran the software that came in with the scope......and I thought of opening the scanmate just for the sake and it worked, obviously the software that came with the scope had something to do with it... and since then Ive been using it, it does a nice job........I hope you guys get it running one of these days. ;)
Trojans

Postby Slithering_Joe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:00 am

Trojans wrote:I was having the same problem with scanmate running on vista and xp, I asked for a new version two times, and none of the updates they sent me worked at all...so i gave up trying to use scanmate on my laptop...but, recently,I got the solarity scope, and somehow when I ran the software that came in with the scope......and I thought of opening the scanmate just for the sake and it worked, obviously the software that came with the scope had something to do with it... and since then Ive been using it, it does a nice job........I hope you guys get it running one of these days. ;)

Trojans, what are the version numbers printed on the ScanMate CD label that you got with the Scope? Thanks.
Slithering_Joe

Postby Slithering_Joe » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks Don and Terry! The method of unregestering and reregistering the ActiveX (*.ocx) files in C:\ScanMate\bin\Ocx\ seems to have been the fix. Playbacks are running again.
Slithering_Joe

Next

Return to OTC Diagnostics